Canon Printer Wireless Setup Connection
There are certain protocols in a Canon wireless printer setup. This is not a plug and print arrangement. This is endemic not only for Canon printers but also for wireless printers, and a set of directions must be followed.
It is a must to follow the directions properly as any delay in the sequence results in a failure automatically and the printer will not reply to the commands. Like any printer, Canon has some access points (also called hubs or routers) with a WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) or an automatic connection button. This portal provides a connection to a network without a password, for example by a PIXMA MG3540 printer.
The easiest way to connect is with the WPS button, but if you have not, you can still use some alternative means to connect to it. Detailed instructions are:
- Use the CD which came with the printer and start the configuration for Windows users. Download the manuals and software for MAC users by selecting’ Product selection‘ from the PIXMA range page.
- A first screen is supposed to appear and then click’ next‘ and type the password to install the ‘helper tool.‘
- Once you are ready, click between USB and WLAN. If the printer is not powered on, the sequence will not work.
- The printer is ready now and the next step is the “network” connection. As the ‘cableless setup‘ appears, hold down the Wi-Fi button for the printer and then release the orange alarm lamp two times.
- The blue (WiFi) lamp should flash at this stage quickly and the green power lamp should be lit. Be aware that during configuration the ‘network connection‘ is temporarily disabled.
- Click on the screen to display the ‘Canon Products licensing agreement‘ and the ‘Allow all wizard installation processes‘ option.
- The printer model and the wireless name (SSID) will be displayed. And the connection setup finally comes to an end. Run a print test.
The setup of Canon’s wireless printers was programmed to be user friendly and easy to handle, otherwise nobody would dare follow the wireless print instructions and have it pre-installed instead. As with all installation instructions, the sequence requires common sense.
Canon PIXMA Printer Wireless Connection Setup
Please check that you comply with the following two conditions before attempting to link your PIXMA printer to your wireless network (that is, you have an access point (sometimes a router or hub), which allows you to connect to the Internet. Before you take the next step, your access point must operate fully.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet from here on such as a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone, which is known as a computer.
- Try browsing an internet site from the computer such as to confirm if the computer you want to use is connected to the network. Should it not appear on the web page, it is necessary to fix this before proceeding and not successfully connecting to the internet.
List of Top PIXMA Wireless Printers
PIXMA iP110 PIXMA iP7240 PIXMA iP7250 PIXMA iP8740 PIXMA iP8750 PIXMA iX6840 PIXMA iX6850 PIXMA MG2940 PIXMA MG2950 PIXMA MG3040 PIXMA MG3050 PIXMA MG3051 PIXMA MG3052 PIXMA MG3053 PIXMA MG3140 PIXMA MG3150 PIXMA MG3240 PIXMA MG3250 PIXMA MG3540 PIXMA MG3550 PIXMA MG3640 PIXMA MG3650 PIXMA MG4240 PIXMA MG4250 PIXMA