When you change the printer software, move to another type of cartridge or a cartridge-related issue, the ink cartridge must be reset. For distinct designs of Canon printers, the resetting method varies. The following parts contain the reset instructions for resetting canonical ink cartridges for the MP printer series.
Resetting ink counter on a Canon printer
- Turn off your printer from Canon.
- Unplug it from the power supply.
- After a while connect it back to the outlet and then power it up.
- Hold down the Power button and twice click the Stop/Reset button simultaneously.
- Switch on Control Panel Shipping Mode and pick OK.
- Click the Stop / Reset button again when the screen appears Without Cleaning.
- Raise the pressure cover and disconnect the printer from the outlet when the carriage stops moving.
- Remove the cartridges and connect the printer back to the outlet. Substitute the cartridges.
Detailed instructions for resetting the Canon printer ink counter
When using the Canon Pixma series MP200-400 printer, power it off if it is enabled. How to reset canon ink cartridge? Remove the energy cord from the printer and remove it from the outlet of the wall. Wait a few minutes and connect the cable back to the printer. Press the ON / OFF button to switch on the printer.
- Now click the Stop / Reset button twice while holding the ON / OFF button. Let go of the button ON / OFF. The printer is changed to the plant mode. To select Shipping Mode 3 choice in the screen, use the right arrow key on the control panel to reset canon ink cartridge.
- When the message appears without cleaning, click the Stop / Reset button. A test page will be printed by the printer. Open the top cabinet cover, wait for the cartridges to stop on the left side of the printer. Remove the power cable from the outlet to disconnect the printer again.
- Take out of the printer all the ink cartridges and then close the cover. Connect the cable to the printer and power the printer with ON / OFF button. Re-insert the ink cartridges only once prompt message displays to replace cartridges. The printer takes some time to identify the cartridges. Try printing. The following paragraphs include the Universal Ink Counter Reset procedure for the reset canon ink cartridge relevant to Canon MP 140-MP 830 printers.
- Enhance the printer to finish the initialization process for a few seconds. Hold the Reset button on the control panel and hold down the Color Start button for at least five seconds without releasing the button. Remove the button Color Start and then Reset.
- Wait about twenty seconds while the printer configures. Hold the Tool button when’ 1′ is displayed on the control panel. If the letter A appears on the display of the printer, hold down the Reset button without opening the Tool button. If the lights are not blinked, first release the Tool button and then press the canon ink cartridge button.
- Press the Power button while holding the Stop / Reset button. Power off the printer. Press the Stop / Reset button twice without releasing the Power button when the Power LED lights up. Release the buttons. The printer will switch to the Service mode. When you see the green LED light, click Stop / Reset button four times to reset the Canon ink cartridge.