123 HP Printers – AirPrint Setup
AirPrint Setup is an exceptional feature with which you can print a document or a photo from an Apple device by connecting your HP compatible printer to a wireless network. If you are using an HP AirPrint compatible printer that contains wireless features, then these instructions help you set up AirPrint.
Guidelines to perform prints using Apple AirPrint
Step 1: Pick out your HP Printer
- Touch the app using which you want to print from, open it and pick out the document or photo that you desire to print.
- Touch the Action icon to display the menu bar.
It is not possible to print from a particular application using AirPrint, if the Action icon is not displayed on your device. This ensues due to some apps that do not contain the Action icon as an inbuilt feature.
- Touch Print and the Printer Options window is displayed.
Several applications may not offer a print option as the app might not be compatible with AirPrint at that point.
But if the Print option is unavailable, then it is not possible to print using AirPrint from that specific app.
- Touch Select Printer under the Printer Options and it will display a list of network connected printers available.
- The drop-down menu in the Printer Options displays the HP printer that you have selected.
- If not required, you can skip changing the print options, and touch Print to transfer the print job to the HP printer.
- Proceed to the next step if you need to change the print options.
Step 2: Changing the print options
The below-mentioned factors require resetting if you are adapting the print options on your HP printer. The option that displays may vary based on your printer model.
A number of copies: Touch the plus sign or the minus sign that is next to Copy under the Printer Options to choose the number of print copies required.
Paper: To determine the paper size, touch Paper in the Printer options.
Duplex printing: Tap the ON option that is next to Double-sided under the Printer options to enable duplex printing, and tap OFF to disable the feature.
This option may not be available if your printer does not display the double-sided printing on the menu.
Page range: With the help of Range in the Printer Options menu, it is possible to print more than one PDF page of the same file.
Touch All Pages or choose the range of pages that require printing.
Troubleshooting procedures to be followed when trying to obtain a printout from your AirPrint device:
Use the steps illustrated below if you find it difficult to procure a printout with your local HP printer using AirPrint:
- Check if your printer is powered on.
- If you notice that your printer is already turned on, then power it off and turn it on again.
- Make sure that the printing issue is set on and you are able to print a job.
- It is obligatory that the HP Printer and the iOS device be connected to the same wireless network.
- Confirm if the printer has been installed with the latest firmware version.
- Make sure that the printer tray is filled with adequate paper, and the ink cartridge or toner is not drained.
- Make certain that the printer’s control panel does not display any error messages.
Wireless printers might consume very little time to get connected to a Wi-Fi network once enabled. Henceforth, ensure that it is connected gently to the wireless network before you endeavor to perform a print job.
Instructions to cancel a print job using your Apple device
Cancel the print jobs from your AirPrint-enabled iOS device by performing the steps given below:
- From the printer’s control panel, click the Cancel button to call off the print job that you want to.
- From your Apple device, press the Home button twice, touch the Print Center icon that is shown at the lower side of the screen, and then under Print Summary tab, touch Cancel Printing.
An example showing how to cancel a print job from the Apple mobile.
Steps to follow when you receive No AirPrint Printers Found message on your Apple mobile:
Step 1: Bring the router and printer close together and verify the signal frequency.
Step 2: Perform a restart on all your devices and make sure that they are linked to the same wireless network, and print a network configuration page.
If your printer is able to produce the test page, then the issue is resolved. Else, you can follow the next step.
Step 3: Uninstall the prevailing firmware of your printer and then download the updated version from our website 123.hp.com, reinstall it.
Step 4: Check if your Apple device is prompted to update its firmware software. If reported, follow the advice to complete the firmware update on your iOS device.
Step 5: Ensure that your printer is aided with the AirPrint feature.
Step 6: Check if your router is permitted to send Bonjour packets. If it is not permitted, you can follow the next step.
Step 7: Use a new mobile device or computer and then endeavor to print a job.
- Go to the next step, if your printer is detected.
- If the printer is not found, then follow the procedure on our website.
Step 8: Renovate the default settings of your HP Printer.
For technical assistance on AirPrint connectivity issue, get in touch with our customer support team on our toll-free number.