The troubleshooting steps for the HP J4580 printer are easy to follow, as the printer only encounters minor user-friendly problems. Install HP Print and Scan software that is specifically designed for diagnosing offline problems if your wireless printer goes offline. Check that your driver software is outdated and update it if necessary. If the two solutions have failed, you must check whether the printer connections are secure.
Steps To Fix J4580 Printer
- Check whether your printer is on.
- Check all connected cables on your device. Make sure that they are not loosely connected and secured.
- Ensure the network connection of the printer is active and the signal is strong.
- If it is outdated, update your printer software.
- Select the correct SSID and enter the right password during the network connection.
- Reset your printer and reset its settings.
- Remove and reinsert power and other cables connected to your printer.
- If the problem is printing or scanning, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
Troubleshooting HP J4580 Printer
- To HP J4580 printer, first fix the problem.
- If you can not connect your printer after changing the router settings, then go to the printer control panel.
- To start the Wireless Setup Wizard, locate and touch the Wireless icon.
- To restore the network settings, tap the Setup icon.
- Once the default network settings have been restored, touch the back arrow and select Wireless Settings.
- Tap the option Wireless Setup Wizard and wait until the printer searches for the nearby networks.
- Select the Service Set Identifier (SSID) and enter a password for your network.
- A blue wireless light starts to blink on the control panel, indicating a successful connection.
If your printer is not found during driver setup, proceed with the troubleshooting steps of the HP J4580 printer below.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and run the diagnosis and problem resolution application.
- Please move to the select step of your product and look for your printer.
- If the device is not listed, select the My Product option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Remove and reinstall the HP driver software.
If your printer can not be connected to the AirPrint, follow the steps below.
- Check the internet connection initially.
- Make sure that your Apple device and printer are on the same network.
- Reset the device and check the status of the network connection.
- Check whether AirPrint is enabled on your mobile.
- Choose an alternative printing method such as Wi-Fi Direct.
For your HP Officejet J4580 cartridge problems, please install the recommended cartridges and make sure they are compatible with your printer.
- Do not re-fill the cartridges because print quality can be reduced.
- Remove the cartridges and insert them back from their slots.
- Try to clean the cartridge and its contacts as ink parts can be stored on it.
- Remove the J4580 printer by disconnecting and plugging the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Replace the cartridge creating the new cartridge.
- To approach an expert on the problem of troubleshooting of the HP J4580 printer if this problem remains unresolved.