Resolve your Printer Connection Issues in Wireless Printers
Step to Fix Connection issues
- Start your printer, network router and computer from scratch.
- Check and ensure the network connection between the printer and the computer.
- Ensure the same network connection between the computer and the printer.
- In the configuration area and router update the same network name and password.
- Don’t connect to a private virtual network.
- The latest driver and firmware version is updated or downloaded.
- Deactivate the firewall or the security software during driver installation.
- Install your computer with the most recent download of software and firmware.
Fix wireless printer connection problem
Fix wireless press connections, switch off and restart the router, then establish an active Internet connection. Wireless network router connects to wireless printing. Switch the printer off and connect the power cable of the printer in the same way. For some time don’t turn the printer on. After a few minutes, try reconnecting the electric cord and switching to your printer.
If an outdated driver software or firmware version is installed, uninstall them. Remove from the device the associated files and folders. Search for Print Management to open it when multiple printer device numbers are installed on your computer. Click the Devices option and select all of your computer-related printer devices, except your existing printer. To delete the package from your computer, click on the Remove Package option.
- Try your computer’s power cycling. Configure the connection network and ensure that the network router’s name and password match the same in the settings area. If you have recently updated your network name and password, check and update the wireless printer connections also in the configuration area.
- Print the Wireless Network Test Report or the Network Configuration Page from the Printer Control Panel once you connect to the wireless network connection. Wireless key access to print this report is available for most printers.
- See the connectivity status in the report. When the connectivity is PASS, the connection to the network is confirmed by your printer. If the connection fails, however, the network settings will be reset. Virtual Private Network is a distance network connection and when you are connected to a VPN, you will not print. Disable your printer with the VPN connection.
- Under connection to the network, disable the firewall or any security software. Download the latest driver and firmware from the Manufacturer site. Open the downloaded file and agree to install an updated version of driver and firmware on your computer under the Driver Software License Agreement.
- If the driver is installed, connect your printer and your PC with a USB cable. Activate security software or firewall after installation steps are completed. If you have problems, use the troubleshooting tool to detect the problem and fix wireless connections.