Removing Struct print jobs for HP Printer under Windows 7
Common Printer Issues
You need different methods to get the press system to work normally if print jobs are stored in the print pooler and you can not manually cancel it. When printing onto any printer, the job may become blocked, so it is not necessarily a problem-solving method only for HP printer problems, although steps for other printers may vary slightly.
Delete Print Jobs manually and restart the Printer and System
- First, shut the printer down and unconnect his power cord using a power button on it.
- If not saved, save the work. This is because, once these steps have been applied, the current printer jobs are lost and a new print command must be initiated.
- In Windows 7, Open the Services. To do this simultaneously press Windows and R keys, type in the Run dialog box and press Enter on services.msc.
- Right-click on it in the popup window and select Stop. Download the print spooler. Exit the window after the spooler is stopped.
- Navigate into the C: WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS directory and remove the printer files from the folder. After finishing, restart the computer.
- Meanwhile, ensure at least 1 minute of unplugging of the printer’s power cord then plug it back into the wall socket.
- Try to take another printout. You’re good to go if you get the printout. However, please proceed to the next level if the HP printer does not print.
Deactivate and reinstall Printer Driver on Windows 7
Note that the following troubleshooting step is only for Windows 7 users for stuck print jobs. The system files associated with the Windows printing software can be reset.
- Turn off the PC connected USB printer cable.
- On the search box, click the Start button, look for Devices and Printers and open it.
- Right click the printer icon and from the pop-up window select Remove Device.
- Computer reboot. Download from the manufacturer’s website the corresponding HP printer software.
- Install the printer software that you download as per the website instructions. If the HP printer connects to the computer via a USB cable only connect it when the software is installed.
Please check whether the relevant driver has reinstalled the Windows 7 problem. For further assistance, contact our printer support technicians.