Windows includes built-in printer drivers for many kinds of printers. Built-in drivers support fundamental functionality of the printer. If your printer doesn’t have the built-in driver or a Windows 10 printer driver, then download it from the official website of the manufacturer and install it on your computer.
Steps to download and install Windows 10 driver software Connect your printer to and switch it on.
- Turn on your desktop and use your printer to attempt to print or scan.
- Check whether the paper is printed or not by the printer. The printing method could occur if the built-in drivers support fundamental features.
- If the built-in printers do not help printing, download the driver software.
- Open the website of the manufacturer and enter the name of the printer model.
- Download and install driver software on your desktop.
- Update to the recent version of the obsolete version.
- After effective setup, try to print or scan your printer.
Procedure to download and install the printer driver software
- Connect your printer to an electrical source and switch on your printer and computer and fix the non-existent windows of the printer driver 10.
- If your Windows 10 computer has built-in drivers, it sometimes supports printing or scanning because the built-in drivers support the basic functionality of the printer.
- Make sure your computer is set to automatically download driver software. Search for Change Installation Device on Windows, then click Change Device Installation Settings in the list of search results.
- In the Device setup settings, select the Yes option and click the Save settings button. Connect your printer to the desktop. Connect it.
- Set up a network link with quick internet access via wired or wireless connection. To install the built-in driver, use the Add a Printer wizard in Windows. Search for the Windows Control Panel and add a printer.
- When you open a machine or printer to add this window to your PC, press the Next option by clicking on the name of your printer. Follow the on-screen directions for the driver installation. Print a document to verify whether your printer works or not, and not available Windows 10 printer driver.
- If the printer prints the document, it implies that the built-in driver supports fundamental functions and functions. When the printer fails to print, install the engine from the manufacturer’s site after downloading. If you have the recent driver software on your CD-ROM, then use the compact disk to install it.
- Check the maker page and enter the name of your model printer in the search box. Choose your Windows and OS version as 10 for your operating system. The recent driver software to support your Windows computer will appear and a download option will be provided.
- Click on the Download option to download the driver software and read the directions before downloading. Download the driver software. Open the downloaded file and perform on-screen driver installation instructions.
- Deactivate the firewall software and attempt driver installation. Open your document and press Print option after installing the driver software. If there is no Windows 10 driver accessible, or any driver problem persists, try using troubleshooting to diagnose and fix problems.