You can use distinct techniques to connect to a Canon printer. The selection of technique, however, relies on the technical setup of the personal device and the accessibility of connecting parts. The wired or wireless link can be used. The usual wired connection techniques are USB and Ethernet connection techniques, and the wireless connection techniques include the wireless network setup by means of a router, print apps and Bluetooth connections, using the canon printer link manual.
Connect to a Canon printer by the USB method
- Connect your Canon printer to the power cord and activate the power supply.
- Press the energy button to turn the printer on.
- Turn on your desktop and look for a print package setup CD.
- Install this CD’s Software and Driver.
- Open our software and driver website if your software is outdated or your installation disk is not available.
- Install and begin the application with the software and drivers.
- Choose the USB connection option on the installer prompt.
- Use the USB cable to connect the laptop and printer.
- Follow all the installer directions to proceed with the configuration.
- To complete this installation, print a test page from your Canon printer.
Detailed steps to connect the Canon Printer with a computer by wireless
See if a wireless connection is supported by a personal device. Connect to the active internet and power the wireless router. Make sure the connection is quick and stable. Connect the personal device to the wireless router. Enter the passcode (if appropriate) when you are prompted to link to a canon printer by using it.
Make sure the driver and software are installed to begin a wireless link on a personal device. The driver files are accessible on the printer-bundled software CD. Download the updated internet files on a CD, or on a CD in the absence of an obsolete driver file.
Open wireless configuration on the control panel of your Canon printer, or press the wireless button. Connect the Canon printer to the router via the printer control panel. If necessary, enter the password through the printer control panel and open the connection settings. Start the printer software on your computer. Opt for the installer wireless connection option and proceed with the installation procedure. The procedure is shown on the screen as visual guidelines to be followed by the user.
If connected, remove the USB cable from the USB port of your computer. Follow each setup step thoroughly and provide process permissions whenever needed. Log in as an administrator to guarantee the installer’s permissions are given.
Furthermore, a wireless link can be created using your private computer and the Canon printer in other ways.
The AirPrint function for printing on iOS devices, mobile apps, and print plugins that are accessible on distinct systems according to the characteristics of your printer and your personal device is also accessible on wireless links through the Guide on Connecting to Canon Printer.