123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 6970 PRINTER FEATURES
This 123.hp.com/ojpro6970 review will tell you how the device actually integrates with current technology. It comes with a ton of cool features inclusive of wireless connectivity with smartphones and tablets. The printer also has a USB option and a dedicated app that allows you to control virtually everything on the printer. The 123 HP Setup 6970 setup provides you with reliable printing options, scanning, and copying besides fast printing speed. Tackle paperwork easily with a robust printer that has an automatic document feeder that supports duplex printing.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6970 PRINTER INSTALLATION AND SETUP GUIDE
There are certain basic precautions that you may have to take while using your HP printer. Of course, in the event of any problems or if you face the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6970 not printing error, then you can look towards the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6970 Troubleshooting to provide you with some really quick resolutions. Nevertheless, it is always recommended to follow a few precautionary norms:
- Understand all the instructions and document that come along with your HP printer
- Do not undertake the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6970 installation when the printer is wet or if you are near water.
- The ‘Help File’ can be used as a reference if the printer does not operate normally
- Use only HP-supplied power cord and adapter
- Before cleaning, unplug the printer from all its outlets
- Place the printer on a stable surface to complete its setup
- Review all the instructions and warnings that are marked on the printer before using it
- For servicing the printer call qualified service personnel – there are no user-serviceable parts encompassed in the printer
Paper usage and loading document types
123.hp.com/ojpro6970 printer’s ADF or automatic document feeder can contain around 35 pages, while you can place about 225 pages inside the loading tray. The two-sided (duplex) printing is faster than usual and the printer can quickly copy, scan and fax too. There are different types of media that you can load onto the Hp Officejet Pro 6970 for your printing purposes. If you come across not printing, then look into the troubleshooting hp Officejet pro 6970 manual for more information. Load different types of business documents and paper for everyday printing. Whatever the caseload only a particular type of paper and only one size each time into the tray. With the 225-sheet tray, the printer still offers ample capacity that can be used by small offices.
Loading standard paper:
- Lift up the output tray and pull it out
- Extend it and slide the paper width guides out as far as possible
- With the print-side down insert the paper into the center of the tray
- Push it in till it stops
- Align the stack of papers properly – refer to the paper size lines at the bottom of the tray
- Slide the paper width guides till they rest on the sides of the stack of paper
- Close the tray
- A message on the control panel will ask you if you wish to change the paper settings – this happens when you have changed the media type
- After changing or retaining the settings of your choice, pull the paper tray extension out
- Print the page you wish to print
Warning: Do not load paper when the printing is going on. This can be a hindrance to the printing action and the paper could get jammed.
Setup phone book contacts for easy faxing
The printer comes with USB options with where you can conveniently use the 123.hp.com/ojpro6970 USB cable that allows you to control all the printer options. Besides, the app will provide you with additional functionalities that you can avail on the device. Print through the Wi-Fi access point by connecting to the Ethernet or Wi-Fi. You can also print through the cloud once the printer is connected to the network. The 123.hp.com/setup6970 manual clearly explains the paper usage and loading types of documents into the printer for user convenience. For all other issues such as the scanner not working or the not printing, you can refer to the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6970 manual PDF for some really quick repair modules.
The 123.hp.com/ojpro6970 can also work as a stand-alone device for copying and faxing.
ou can send a fax in different ways such as from your computer, phone or even monitor dialing. If there are any frequent numbers that you will be dialing, you can also setup your phone book contacts for convenience. This enables you to quickly dial the numbers through the control panel.
Creating, editing and storing numbers on the phone book contacts:
Setup the phone book contacts:
- Touch ‘Fax’ on the printer’s control panel display
- Press ‘Send Now’ and then ‘Phone Book’
- Under ‘Phone Book’ touch ‘Contact’
- To Add a contact touch the ‘+’ or plus sign
- Now you can enter data in the relevant fields:
- Enter the name by pressing ‘Name’ and touch ‘Done’
- Input the fax number by touching ‘Fax Number’ and press ‘Done’
Note: Where required enter the area code, access code or a long-distance prefix
You can also change the phone book contacts:
- On the printer’s control panel touch ‘Fax’ and then ‘Send Now’
- Open the ‘Phone Book’ and press ‘Contact’ and touch ‘Edit’
- Select the phone book contact that you wish to edit and make the relevant changes:
- Touch the ‘Name’ to change the name and ‘Fax Number’ to change the number to be dialed
- Press ‘Done’ after each action
Hp Officejet Pro 6970 Troubleshooting printhead problem, Ink system failure and ‘Ox…’ errors
The copier comes with high-yield ink cartridges. Besides the device is also Instant Ink enabled so that you can order your ink refill based on the number of pages that you have printed. One of the most common problems faced by the 123.hp.com/ojpro6970 printers is the printhead. Once again relevant troubleshooting is available for all printhead and related ink system and ‘Ox..’ error displays.
To resolve the all of the above errors:
- It is very essential to use genuine ink cartridges that are compatible with the printer
- Go to ‘HP SureSupply’ to check the compatibility of the cartridges
- Select your pertinent ‘Country / Region’ in the Country/Region Selector
- On-screen instructions will guide you to the cartridge compatibility check
- If the issue is persistent, then reset the printer because this can clear the error message
- Turn on the printer and wait for it to be silent before you continue
- Disconnect the power cord of the printer (at this step ensure that the printer is still on)
- Unplug the power cord and wait for at least 60 seconds
- You can now reconnect the power cord and turn the printer on
- Once the warm-up period finishes, the printer is ready to print
- To fix the error you can also remove and replace the hp Officejet pro 6970 cartridges.
- Open the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to become silent
- Remove the cartridge from its slot by pressing the tab in front of the cartridge and releasing it
- Replace the ink cartridges back into their place after examining them
- Close the cartridge access door and check if the control panel displays any more error messages
- For better printer functioning, clean the cartridge areas and vents
- Remove the cartridges and examine the vent area located on top of the ink cartridge
- Use a clean pin to clean the clogged vents
- Wipe the ink cartridge contacts with a dry, clean cloth
- Clean the print head
- Replace the ink cartridges and close the access door
HP Officejet Pro 6970 wireless setup Installation
The 123 HP Officejet Pro 6970 wireless setup is super simple. You can have all up and running absolutely no time. Connect the printer directly to your smartphone or tablet even without a network and print using the app. HP support will offer you instructions to install the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6970 driver and Download easily. You can also print using AirPrint.
- To setup and use AirPrint:
- Make sure that the device that you possess is compatible with AirPrint
- Print a configuration page to make sure that AirPrint is available in the firmware
- Check under ‘Installed Personalities and Options’
- If not, then update the firmware to enable compatibility with AirPrint
- The printer and the device should be available on the same network to use AirPrint:
- Turn the printer on and connect it to the wireless
- Make sure that your preferred device is also connected to the same network
- To find the AirPrint name of the printer:
- Touch ‘Network’ on the printer’s control panel
- Note the name identified as ‘AirPrint’
- If you wish to change the AirPrint name:
- Click on ‘TCP/IP settings’ under ‘Networking’ in your computer
- Select ‘Network Identification’
- Type a new name in the field provided and click on ‘Apply’.